LOHF Nursing Scholarships
“As a nurse, we have the opportunity to heal the heart, mind, soul and body of our patients, their families and ourselves. They may not remember your name but they will never forget how you made them feel.”
– Maya Angelou
Through our Nurse Education Scholarship fund, we invest in local nursing students who exhibit exceptional academic abilities and have a true passion for the nursing profession. We look for individuals who will make a difference not only to the people they care for, but to the larger community. Scholarship recipients come from all walks of life and exhibit a wide range of talents and skill sets.
To learn more about our scholarship eligibility requirements and how you can apply for an LOHF Nurse Education Scholarship, review our most recent scholarship application guidelines and application below.
2015 Scholarship Recipients:
This year, LOHF will invest $60,000 in the education of 27 local nursing students attending 11 different nursing schools. Learn more about this year’s recipients here.
Our nurse scholars are making a difference in our community every day. Since 2003, LOHF has invested nearly $700,000 in the education of 193 nurses who can be found caring for our family members, friends and neighbors. Realizing that learning never stops, we encourage our scholars to continue to apply for support as they grow in their profession so our community benefits from their knowledge and insight.
2014 Nurse Scholarship Recipients
- 1 LPN, 5, RN’s, 4 BSN’s, 4 MSN’s, 3 Ph.D.’s
- $57,764 pledged to these 17 nurses over the next 3 years as they complete their current educational goals
- Of the 17 scholarship recipients, 2 previously received a Lancaster Osteopathic Health Foundation scholarship
- They represent the following nursing schools:
- Lancaster County Career and Technology Center
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Eastern Mennonite University
- PA College of Health Sciences
- Millersville University
- The Pennsylvania State University
- Aspen University
- Drexel University
- Cappella University
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Nurse Education Scholarship Program Facts:
- Since 2003, 179 scholarships have been awarded to local students.
- The Lancaster Osteopathic Health Foundation has invested $633,201 in the education of local nurses.
- Of the 179 scholarship recipients, 93% have fulfilled the program requirements and are working in Lancaster County health facilities.
Breakdown of Degrees Awarded:
- 58 Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
- 69 Registered Nurses (RN)
- 17 Bachelor of Science Bridge Program Degrees (RN-BSN)
- 17 Bachelor of Science Degrees(BSN)
- 12 Master of Sciences Degrees (MSN)
- 3 PhDs
- 1 Doctoral of Nurse Practioner (DNP)
- 2 School Nurse Certificates (SNC)